Up next in our Owner Interview series is someone who falls into both the category of “original FYC owner” as well as the category of “new FYC owner”…his Nashville Musicians enjoyed a twenty-one year run from S1-21 in the ALS (currently the St. Louis franchise). He then took a hiatus and returned for S30-32 to manage another ALS franchise (currently the Austin Auggies). S37 will be his first at the helm of the Honolulu Island Hoppers as well as the first outside of the ALS. Let’s get to know a little more about him:
- Who is [username] in real life?
My name is Eric and I am a sales manager for a lumberyard. I have been working at the same company since I was 16. This is the only company I have ever worked for.
- Where do you live and/or where have you previously lived?
I live in Wichita, KS and have lived in Kansas my whole life.
- Who are your favorite all-time baseball players?
George Brett, Nolan Ryan, Bret Saberhagen
- Do you have any sports-related items on your bucket list that you have not yet done?
I had tickets to game 7 of the 2015 World Series in KC, obviously game didn’t get played. Outside of that, I want to go to Spring Training.
- What is your favorite WIS moment? Least favorite?
I don’t know that I truly have one. I did win a couple World Series’, but had better teams that didn’t win.
- Do you have any favorite players from any of your HBD teams?
My very first player that I remember was Kevin Wulf in FYC, He was a very solid player for a long time. My best player was Bernie Maduro in FYC that I signed for about 17 million in international money and he turned into a hall of famer.
- Why did you choose the city and/or park that you did?
Mainly just chose based upon the style of play that I like to do.